Review: Divergent

Check out some other articles you might like!

Shrek The Musical proves to be an Ogre-Achiever By Staff Writer Meera Seghal  Starstruck Theatre’s production of Shrek The Musical opened at the Smith Center in Ohlone College on January 11....
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald — Not ... By Staff Writer Shreya Sridhar Decked out head-to-toe in Harry Potter gear, Wizarding World fans lined up around the block for their first chance t...
Fan-favorite MapleStory Returns In a Boisterous an... By Staff Writer Selina Yang Dedicated fans of the MapleStory franchise readily anticipated this October’s reboot of the cult classic massive multip...

4 Comments on "Review: Divergent"

1. Can someone explain the censorship going on in this site? Comments on old articles have been deleted? This is wrong. This isn’t what the smoke signal stands for is it?

-A concerned student

• I believe that one of the foundations of a school newspaper is its ability to educate its students as well as provide a means of discourse, whether through letters to the editor or online forums. Deletion of opinionated comments on this site goes against the very fabric of what the Smoke Signal is, regardless of whether the opinions are not popular. I hope this draconian disregard for the minority does not continue.
      -another concerned former student

• Hello, thanks for voicing your concern. The Smoke Signal stands firmly behind the freedom of speech. Our website crashed in October and we lost some of our old information before we transferred to a new host. We also had issues for a period of time with effective spam filters, but the problem has been resolved and all comments (except those with profanity) are welcome.

2. Free Speech Movement! | April 2, 2014 at 10:47 pm | Reply

I have to express my concurrence with the above commentary. As an alumnus of this esteemed high school, I will channel my inner Mario Savio and voice my concern about censorship in the MSJ community! If comments on a student body newspaper online are unable to see the light of day, what is next on the list of materials to be censored by this Orwellian administration? We must stand together and fight for what is right!
    -Alumnus